2. QB Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma (2,469 yards, 21 TDs, Three INTs passing; 801 yards, 13 TDs speeding). The Sooners quarterback had produced stellar numbers as a graduate switch. If the Sooners can get on a roll this month, it’s laborious to believe he gained’t be a minimum of a Heisman finalist as long as he stays wholesome. (LW: 2)
Three. QB Justin Fields, Ohio State (1,659 yards, 24 TDs, 1 INT passing; 319 yards, nine TDs speeding). The Buckeyes face Maryland and Rutgers the following two weeks, which may well be just right or unhealthy for Fields’s hopes. He will get a shot on the Giant Ten’s two worst overall defenses, nevertheless it’s affordable to surprise simply how lengthy he’ll be in to pad his numbers towards both suffering group. (LW: Three)
Four. QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama (2,166 yards, 27 TDs, 2 INTs passing; 30 yards, 2 TDs speeding). Such a lot hinges now not on how smartly Tagovailoa performs, however whether or not he performs in any respect towards LSU just about 3 weeks after present process ankle surgical procedure. (LW: Four)
Five. DE Chase Younger, Ohio State (29 tackles, 15.Five tackles for losses, 13.Five sacks, Five pressured fumbles). Younger will take a seat out Saturday’s recreation towards Maryland as a result of a conceivable NCAA factor. An multiweek absence would severely harm his probabilities of even turning into a Heisman finalist. (LW: Five)
6. RB Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State (1,604 yards, 18 TDs speeding; nine receptions for 40 yards). The Canadian had 20 carries for 223 yards and two touchdowns in final week’s defeat of TCU. That’s 4 200-yard video games this season for Hubbard, who strikes up a place for his stellar appearing. (LW: 7)
7. QB Justin Herbert, Oregon (2,329 yards, 24 TDs, 2 INTs passing). Helped the Geese drop 56 issues on Southern Cal final week. Herbert and Oregon (Eight-1, Five-1 Percent-12) are idle this weekend prior to proceeding their playoff push towards Arizona on Nov. 16. (LW: 6)
It’s that point once more
Overdue October and early November once a year carry two reminders.
One is to set clocks again an hour again to plain time as sunlight saving time ends.
ESPN spent some huge cash for the rights to the playoff and the whole thing surrounding it, so it’s comprehensible why it might make a weekly industrial for its protection and plop the committee’s score in the midst of the display as its centerpiece.
However that doesn’t imply everybody must agonize about it. To study: An undefeated power-conference group isn’t lacking the playoff (and if it someway does, it’s going to be a large nudge towards an expanded subject). A one-loss power-conference group can have an opportunity. A two-loss power-conference group will want a chaotic season (and most likely a league name, too) to have an opportunity.
With some other 4 common season Saturdays plus the week of convention championship video games, it’s nonetheless a lot to early to put an excessive amount of inventory within the committee’s opinion of an in-progress season.
5 with probably the most at stake in Week 11
1. Minnesota. It’s showtime for the Eight-Zero Golden Gophers, whose loaded November agenda starts with a talk over with from fellow unbeaten Penn State. There’s a robust case to be made Minnesota’s maximum spectacular victory to this point got here towards Illinois, which could be extra sudden than the truth that P.J. Fleck’s group is undefeated.
The Gophers are nonetheless a believable playoff group, however they’ll be examined within the coming weeks. Penn State is most likely the most important problem this month, and we’ll know much more about Minnesota’s rugged group via midafternoon Saturday.
2. Penn State. The Nittany Lions (Eight-Zero) are a bit of extra examined than Minnesota, due to victories over Iowa, Michigan and Pittsburgh. All had been one-possession video games, however Penn State stays heading in the right direction for what can be a conflict of 10-Zero groups Nov. 23 at Ohio State.
In fact, the Nittany Lions wish to get via their travel to Minneapolis (and a date with Indiana subsequent week) for the assembly with the Buckeyes to stay one of the vital month’s maximum hyped video games. That isn’t going to be simple.
3a. Alabama and 3b. LSU. Each SEC West powers have appeared the phase all the way through this season. Alabama has gained all 8 of its video games via a minimum of 19 issues. LSU has had a couple of harder checks (beating Texas via seven, Florida via 14 and Auburn via 3) but additionally handled a harder agenda.
Each the winner and the loser can have an glaring playoff trail. A 13-Zero SEC champion is a superb wager to be the highest seed. However an 11-1 Alabama or LSU, in particular one with a detailed loss to the opposite, goes to have a case with the committee.
4a. Iowa and 4b. Wisconsin. It’s principally a Giant Ten West eliminator. Each groups are 6-2 total and Three-2 within the Giant Ten, two video games again of Minnesota. And each nonetheless need to play the Golden Gophers later this month. Wisconsin, which is coming off back-to-back losses after which an open date, has the home-field benefit on this one.
Five. Oklahoma. The Sooners don’t incessantly lose to Iowa State; it’s took place six occasions in 83 conferences, together with simply two times since 1961. However a type of got here in Norman two years in the past, and the Cyclones (Five-Three, Three-2 Giant 12) may just derail Oklahoma’s playoff hopes. The Sooners (7-1, Four-1), who misplaced to Kansas State on Oct. 26 and had been off final weekend, wish to win out to stick in rivalry for a semifinal slot.