NFL energy ratings, 2020 post-Week five version (earlier rank in parentheses):
1. Packers (2): Amongst undefeated groups, their collective 51-point differential is definitely the widest margin. At a time when there is not any obvious juggernaut within the league, this metric turns out as excellent as any to provide Inexperienced Bay – which owns the NFL’s highest-scoring offense – the nod to most sensible this week’s ballot.
2. Seahawks (three): NFL Community’s “Just right Morning Soccer” team gave me this earworm, however I will’t unhear it – is DK Metcalf recently the league’s perfect receiver? At 22.five yards in step with catch (perfect within the NFL) at the side of 496 yards, 5 TDs and an enormous seize issue? Gotta say, beautiful compelling case.
three. Rams (7): In addition to QB Jared Goff and DL Aaron Donald are as soon as once more enjoying, a large reason why Los Angeles is successful once more is the underappreciated resurgence of its offensive line.
Four. Patriots (12): Let’s simply toss out their Cam-less loss at Kansas Town. You hate to mention Pats stuck a spoil with Week five COVID bye, however possibly now having Newton for subsequent sport must put them proper again on the right track to posting viable protection of AFC East throne. Their dealing with of Las Vegas in Week three additionally seems to be a lot more spectacular in context of this week’s league-wide snapshot.
five. Raiders (13): With QB Derek Carr in the end enabled to strike deep downfield, this offense has morphed into fairly a pick-your-poison quandary for warring parties. Notching first win at Arrowhead since 2012 garners them a lot of deserved credit score.
NFL leader clinical officer: Playoff bubble setting now not ‘most secure plan of action’ for warding off COVID-19
‘I imagine I’m a starter’: After Dak Prescott’s season-ending damage, what does Andy Dalton be offering Cowboys?
32 issues we realized: From Week five of the 2020 NFL season
6. Chiefs (1): Just right time to forestall and take a pause … and recognize Kansas Town has handiest seemed spectacular two times (Texans, Ravens) in spite of its Four-1 get started.
7. Titans (Nine): Became in what was once simply their maximum spectacular efficiency of 2020, staying unbeaten in spite of maximum difficult of cases, together with a number of avid gamers nonetheless unavailable because of pandemic. Mad props.
eight. Ravens (Four): Even if QB Lamar Jackson does not seem like himself, Baltimore has outscored Ohio groups 65-Nine this season. Subsequent two dates are in opposition to Pennsylvania groups and not likely to head fairly that neatly.
Nine. Steelers (five): They continue to be undefeated … and so they – vaunted protection incorporated – proceed to fight relative to lineup of deficient groups confronted. Giant check vs. Cleveland in Week 6.
10. Browns (11): If now not for truth – and “truth” turns out warranted – issues all the time pass sideways in Cleveland, trainer of yr award may already be given to Kevin Stefanski.
11. Expenses (eight): In equity to them, Tennessee’s scenario dealt Buffalo an excessively difficult hand. However no person anticipated P Corey Bojorquez to be Expenses’ perfect participant Tuesday night time. If protection is Buffalo’s Achilles’ heel, it seems that to be briefly fraying.
12. Saints (14): It hasn’t been beautiful, however they are technically again in keep watch over of NFC South. So why mull shifting house video games to Baton Rouge? Is any such disruption truly price it to professional avid gamers? And it isn’t like Tiger Stadium has been operating for LSU this yr …
13. Colts (10): They are now not (recently) making an allowance for a heat seat for QB Philip Rivers … despite the fact that he is giving Frank Reich more than one causes (unhealthy INTs) to justify a transfer.
14. Bears (18): Considered one of Week five’s perfect photographs was once Tom Brady having a look up from the turf with that “You once more?” expression upon understanding Khalil Mack had bagged him all over again.
15. Buccaneers (6): Yeah, Brady’s lack of ability to rely all over loss at Soldier Box was once baffling. However the larger setback would possibly were DT Vita Vea’s damaged leg.
16. Panthers (15): Even if RB Christian McCaffrey returns, he is not likely to renew his 90%+ snap price given how stellar fill-in Mike Davis (117 yards in step with sport over previous 3 weeks) has been.
17. Cardinals (16): Difficult spoil for OLB Chandler Jones, whose biceps damage seems season finishing. Is also not more underappreciated skill within the league.
18. Dolphins (26): In case it wasn’t evident, Ryan Fitzpatrick (106.6 QB score the previous 4 weeks) may not make it simple to get rookie Tua Tagovailoa onto box.
19. Eagles (22): WR Travis Fulgham’s breakout (10 catches, 152 yards, TD) was once overshadowed by way of Chase Claypool’s Sunday, however Philly would possibly have one thing right here.
20. 49ers (17): Whilst the highlight could also be at the revolving door at quarterback, actual fear must be lasered on a protection simply shredded … by way of Miami.
21. Chargers (21): They are briefly morphing into Atlanta West after blowing 17-point leads in consecutive weeks. All 4 of Bolts’ 2020 losses were by way of seven issues or fewer.
22. Vikings (20): They wanted 1 backyard on fourth down deep in Seattle territory to notch massive highway win. Did not get it. No matter. Mike Zimmer made proper name.
23. Lions (25): Their 3 losses have come in opposition to groups with a mixed 11 wins. Their subsequent 5 warring parties have a mixed six wins. Giddy-up, fellas.
24. Cowboys (19): Andy Dalton’s new workforce simply misplaced its perfect participant however certainly nonetheless has horses to win lackluster NFC East if troops rally post-Dak.
25. Bengals (23): Andy Dalton’s former workforce simply suffered its worst loss (27 issues to Baltimore) for the reason that Ravens beat Cincinnati by way of 36 final November … when Dalton have been benched in desire of Ryan Finley.
26. Texans (27): Giant Sunday for Houston, which notched its first win of 2020 whilst amassing its first two takeaways of 2020. Some linkage there?
27. Broncos (28): If not anything else, sudden bye week – no whiners in Denver, in step with Trainer Fangio – a minimum of hurries up go back of QB Drew Lock.
28. Falcons (24): “If Raheem (Morris) finally ends up 11-Zero then he’s going to without a doubt be a candidate,” in step with proprietor Arthur Clean. Satisfied we are environment an inexpensive bar for an intervening time trainer …
29. Jaguars (29): In keeping with Elias, they have got already made NFL historical past. Jags are first to lose 3 in a row in a single season (now not counting Week 1) to winless groups.
30. Washington (30): Maximum spectacular 37-yard passing day in NFL historical past … and possibly the clincher for perfect NFL tale of 2020. Welcome again, Alex Smith.
31. Giants (31): They are very occupied with get started for Okay Graham Gano, the primary NYG participant with 3 50+ backyard box targets in a single sport all over Tremendous Bowl generation. Satisfied you guys can see the glass is three.1% complete.
32. Jets (32): Does someone taking longer to rebuild? That is what, like … 12 months eight? Giving Le’Veon Bell a parachute Tuesday night time will without doubt, uh, kickstart procedure.
Practice USA TODAY Sports activities’ Nate Davis on Twitter @ByNateDavis
For those who love speaking soccer, now we have the easiest spot for you. Sign up for our Fb Staff, The Ruling Off the Box, to have interaction in pleasant debate and dialog with fellow soccer enthusiasts and our NFL insiders. Do the appropriate factor, join now!